The SMUEC is currently coordinating an entrepreneur incubator at Halifax Stanfield International Airport called The Runway. The Runway provides local businesses the opportunity to promote and grow their enterprises through product sales and new product testing activities at the airport.
The Saint Mary’s University Entrepreneurship Centre is currently accepting applications from entrepreneurs to participate in The Runway.
The Runway provides a platform for small businesses to operate at the Halifax Stanfield International Airport for a month.
- The SMUEC covers the monthly rental for the kiosk, providing clients a physical sales location
- The kiosk will operate from 8:00 am – 5:00 pm, Monday to Friday
- The SMUEC and Halifax Stanfield International Airport will help advertising tenant’s services and products
- As the pilot grows, additional services will be provided for participating businesses
- In addition to access to students, our team provides consulting services and training to a variety of small businesses throughout the province
- Professional and responsible employee must present on site from 8:00 am – 5:00 pm, Monday to Friday
- Ability to cover any incremental costs that may occur such as parking, internet, etc.
- Companies’ service and product needs to fit the regulation of Halifax Stanfield International Airport
- Must commit for at least a month