If your business is interested in hiring a participant and benefiting from $9,818 in funding, please fill out the application below. If you have any questions please contact OptionsYouth@smu.ca
Options Youth is a virtual employment wage subsidy program funded by Service Canada and facilitated by the Saint Mary’s University Entrepreneurship Centre. It consists of paid, online, milestone-based skill training, followed by a paid work placement. Options Youth is committed to helping youth overcome barriers to enter the workforce through personalized training to participants and federal wage subsidies to employers in Nova Scotia.
- 700 hour wage subsidy, covering up to $12.55/hr plus MERCs, up to a maximum of $9,818.
- Additional support, as required, throughout the program to participants and employers to provide the best possible experience
- Personalized training and mentoring to participants using our online platform
Participants earn an allowance of over $2,600 while completing the online skill training
Support and coaching
- Hire a participant that has completed the online program
- Small- and medium- size business in Nova Scotia
- Place the participant on payroll (invoice Options Youth each month)
- Provide monthly reports to the Project Manager
A Case Manager (Employment Worker, Social Worker, Probation Officer, etc.)
Between the ages of 15-30
Canadian citizen, permanent resident or protected person as defined by the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act
Legally entitled to work in Nova Scotia
Facing barrier to employment