Internships and Co-ops
Positions with the SMUEC
The Saint Mary’s University Entrepreneurship Centre is a strong supporter of students’ development and growth. For this reason we offer different options for students to gain the most out of their university experience by building new skills and applying knowledge outside the classroom.
Note that all positions posted are paid and you don’t need previous work experience to apply!
- Hourly rate is $15 per hour
- Full time and part time options available for 16 week terms
- Full time: 35 – 37 hrs per week
- Part time: 15 – 20 hrs per week
- Opportunities to work for a startup in Halifax as well
- Able to work within the Halifax Regional Municipality
- Legally entitled to work in Canada
- Age: 18 – 29
- September to December
- January to April
- May to August
“Studying at Saint Mary’s University has given me an entrepreneurial mindset, allowing me to apply creativity and innovation into my future work”
Bachelor of Science, majoring in Computer Science
RBC Talent Hub
The RBC Talent Hub program was created to provide new and exciting experiential and entrepreneurial programming at Saint Mary’s University, through co-operative education opportunities, training, an Entrepreneurial Mindset Success Certificate, and an Entrepreneur-in-Residence. The program is an answer to our students’ requests for additional hands-on learning opportunities.
The skills developed through this program aim to give students a leg up in the job hunt and help them to excel in the workplace post-graduation.
Students will be exposed to entrepreneurial activities that will help them build new competencies in their career. Current co-operative education and internship opportunities include:
- Running your own business
- Being a member of an Entrepreneurial Consultant Team
- Working in a variety of positions at startups within HRM
If you are an employer looking to hire a SMU Co-op student, please visit the RBC Talent Hub – Employers page for subsidy information.