Rethink, React, Remodel:
Circular Economy Challenge
About the Challenge
The Circular Economy Challenge was created to empower post-secondary students to create a closed economy within their institution.Students will participate in design thinking programming & training sessions, create a partnership with an on-campus department, develop a solution and present their idea to receive support to go towards implementation.
Everything that is technically possible is not ethically acceptable. Develop a digital solution for your campus that increases sustainability and/or creates a circular economy, emphasizing the importance of digital ethics in your solution.
- Identify an opportunity to reduce/reuse/recycle on your campus
- Develop a project or business solution to this challenge
- Identify and engage potential on-campus partners
- Attend virtual training sessions to support the development of your idea
- Submit a 90-second video pitch for your idea by November 22, 2022
Top 5 submissions will pitch live on December 2, 2022, for over $8,000 in prize money
Attend the Sobey School of Business 4th Annual Responsible Leadership Event and Circular Economy Challenge Kick Off Event.
Develop a solution with the help of training materials and coaching sessions.
Submit a 90-second video pitch to enter the competition, individually or as a team (up to 4 members).
The top 5 teams will compete in the finals to win up to $8,000.
- Individual or a team representative must be enrolled at a post-secondary institution in Canada.
- Submissions can be individual or as part of a team (up to 4 members).
- All submissions must include an intent to partner with a department on their campus.
Training video for Pefecting your Pitch can be found here.
Training video for Project Management can be found here.
Training video for Managing Partnerships can be found here.